Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sofie's First Dandelion





I love dandelions. Reminding me of little sunshines on the ground, I used to pick bouquets of them as a kid, and when I was a little girl, I used to take the yellow dandelions and soflty draw with them on my forearms. I liked how they felt against my skin, and I even traced dandelion "sketches " on my mom's arms. Funny, the little things that girls find pretty where others find weeds.

There are so many exciting things to discover in the front yard, and the little ladybug (aka: Sofie) is figuring out fast! I came home from the BLVD gym and found Matt and Sofie playing in the front yard today. They looked so warm and full of life that Sofie and I lingered on in the springtime sun long after Matt went to work. What we discovered together: dandelions are still one of my favorite flowers (maybe Sofie's too), seedpods are fascinating, and red clover isn't as fun to chew on as my car keys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home